Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Whew! That was close!

I met a member of the Royal Navy yesterday....he was very professional but the odd thing about him was that he smiled.

Now I've been stopped by the Royal Navy before. Twice. They were mean. They didn't smile. They looked like they thought I was a mass murderer or someone. They looked like they had just had a fight with the missus or something. They looked like their hats were too tight...or their knickers...or their belts were too heavy...you know, uncomfortable black hearted captains with a hang-nails and a sore bunions and scurvy.

Now I know you all are wondering about how I met this particular Royal Navy Captain which I shall henceforth call "Captian Friendly 'arry". I was sailing down SR 161 which turns into SR16 toward Coschocton to bury a treasure chest. I was reveling in the icy blast of the salty brine against me skin reckonin' I was almost to the port of Warsaw ( the lands of the Giant where I intended to bury me treasure) when I had to gather speed in my little vessel to raise to the top of the crest notice I have lapsed into Pirate speak when at the top of the wave I spotted a Royal Navy vessel just off the port side of me ship. "AVAST!" I cried as I simultaneously glanced at my knot-o-meter, which indicated I was sailing at 77 knots in a 65 knot sea, and I trimmed me sails to slow down. I sailed past the Royal Navy Patrol Ship and sure enough, it set sail behind me forcing me to drop anchor and wait with proper documents in hand for Captain Friendly 'arry to come along side.

He was a cheerful chap, smiling like he was on his way to a pub of some sort and asked me where I was headin'. I told him I was on my way to see the Giant...to visit the Giant's land but told him nothing of the treasure I was goin' to bury there. No need for the Royal Navy to be a knowin' everything. He took my documents back to his ship and returned a few tics later, reminded me that I should only be sailin' at 65 knots and to have a nice day. I wasn't lashed or keel-hauled or even fined for sailing at 77 knots and I was very thankful and I said so as I took back my documents, weighed anchor and set sail again for the land of the Giant. Me treasure was stowed safely in the cargo hold and Captain 'arry none the wiser....

I dropped anchor at the Giants lair and was greeted by a great beastie "woof woofing" in his beastie way, its gapping mouth forming a toothy grin. About knocked me down he did with his bulk but I held my own and the Giant came out of his abode to converse with me about me treasure. Helped me bury it too, he did. Said he had experience with buried treasure as well and gave a little laugh. Hmmmmmm perhaps.....

So there it lays in the deep wood of the Giants land near the tree with drop of blood. Waiting to be recovered by yours truly or the blight of thieving pirate bands who maraud the Giants land......I think I'll keep me eye open.

A little warnin' for ye. If you're a Pirate and intend to look for the buried treasure....be aware of the Royal Navy ship a hidden ore the crest of the sea. It may or may not be Captain 'arry. It could be a dark and ghastly bloke with ice in his veins......for which you'll cry more than "AVAST!".

Be ye warned!!

6 comments:

Liz Ervin said...

LOL :)

Love you

Anonymous said...

LOL

XOXOX

Heather said...

:) you crack me up!

Kim H. said...

Oh Maggie, you do know how much I love you don't you?

Lori Mueller said...

I don't know if Dave has read this yet....he should He'll love it! You guys are just strange. ;)

dave said...

AAAAAARRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!