Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Ahhhhh, Nature!

Do you remember that commercial where you see an open window in a bedroom and hear the birds chirping and the crickets...cricketing and then the dog barking and then the trash truck compacting? Then a hand comes up to the window, presumably from the bed and shuts the window and it is suddenly silent? Pella; let's the beauty in, keeps the noise out. or something like that.

Well I'm here to tell ya that once you start feeding nature....they show up regularly to tell you their feeders are empty. Let me start like this...It was windy this morning. Very windy. I woke up to a few tinkling's of two of my wind chimes and that soon became an incessant CLANGING of those two wind chimes. There was no rest between the clangs just a clashing of "dings", "tings", and "pings". Kind of like a wild beast running rampantly through a jungle of metal trees and plants. (am i getting better at description or what?) Usually I can ignore these things and go back to sleep but not today. I got up, wrapped myself in my favorite blanket and went out my sliding door. I grabbed the two offensive wind chimes (it wasn't their fault, they were just doing their job) and laid them on the table next to the grill. I could imagine the neighbors in their houses saying "Thank You!" and I went back to bed.

I had perfect silence for about oh say, 5 MINUTES when one of my bird friends decided to sit two feet from my door and begin his high pitched non-stop (either "I'm hungry, get up and fill the feeder" or "I'm in the mood for love - where is that special someone") song. LOUDLY! OMG I thought, so I put my iPod buds in my ears and tried to drown out the noise but the BIRD GOT LOUDER! I swear he saw me do that and wanted to make a point. So I pulled my pillow up around my ears and finally drifted off to sleep at least an hour more when I began to dream.....

In my dream I was listening to my iPod (how weird is that) and singing at the top of my lungs to a Christian song from the Shout to the Lord CD. I was getting strange looks from family members and I wanted to stop singing and even took my ear buds out but the music just wouldn't stop! My ear buds weren't attached to my iPod and they wouldn't stop singing until I turned off my iPod! My whole dream was me, singing at the top of my lungs (duh) with my ear buds while looking for that darn iPod!
Finally I woke up. Whew! I took out my ear buds, turned off the iPod and 'Skeeter decided it was time to get up and have breakfast.
Oh well, I guess the early bird does get his worm or the early dog does get his treat and I have an exciting and very busy day ahead of me.
Maybe next time, I'll get up and shut the window.

2 comments:

Liz Ervin said...

LOL! sounds like the stupid blue jays outside my window. I just yell at them and slam my window. They fly away.

Anonymous said...

Just catching up on blogs, glad youve joined the club.
XOXOX
mandy