Thursday, June 14, 2007

It Must Be The Weather...

(Serious alert.....)

Okay. I've read several of your blogs over the last few hours and have this to contribute....I've been feeling the same way. I mean about what God wants me to do and how I can't seem to get ahead.

Que music....Under Pressure.....

I am almost certain it's the weather. When it gets hot out, the pressure (barometric) is higher and we physically FEEL the pressures of life. Do we grab the sunblock and hang in there or do we give up and go home?

I have entered in to a new ministry teaching my babies and all of the neighborhood "babies" as well. I love it, it's needed and I won't give it up no matter how tired I am or how painful it can be. These kids are learning to lean on Jesus and how to interact with each other in a Godly manner. It is through God's grace and mercy that I am able to do this and it is with His wisdom and knowledge that I am able to teach them. It is definitely NOT me.

But what do you do when you have another ministry that you are supposed to be doing and you can't because of man? Outside influences interrupt the Promise and you are unable to carry on? What happens if part of the interruption is yourself?

The clinic is heating up again but I am afraid. I'm don't want the clinic to interfere in my ministry with the kids but it is also something that I believe God instructed me to do all those years ago. I have people depending on this clinic. But I have totally lost interest. I rely on Liz and my friend and partner Susan to drag me along in this, at least right now. What do I do?

But here's the best part.

I AM NOT TO WORRY. I am to take a deep breath, exhale, and trust God. I know He would never have started the ministry with the kids to have me drop them mid-stream. He would never leave them or forsake them. I also know that He will manage my cares because I give them to Him. He cares about what I care about only more.

...change music.....Cares Chorus....

I cast all my cares upon you.
I lay all of my burdens...down at your feet.
And anytime I don't know what to do,
I will cast all my cares upon You.

I have an exercise for all of us. It is one that is supposed to help us be great pack leaders for our dogs but also will help us to understand what God wants for us....

First we must trust God. If it isn't something you feel then it should be a conscious effort. A decision. "I WILL TRUST GOD!"
Second; we must ASK God. Ask Him what He wants us to do.
Third; LISTEN to His answer. We need to open our hearts and minds and relax to His voice.
And lastly...Live in the moment. (This is the pack leader thing.) Not only live for today but live for the moment. Each minute find something good and savour it. Yeah, you may be at work, a place you hate, but every moment contains something to be thankful for. (can't think of one? How about this...your breathing aren't you?)

I am still going to enjoy the weather. Every second of it. I am going to enjoy the heat of the sun and refresh in the coolness of the evening. I am making a decision to live life in the moment and listen to the Still Small Voice guide me through the pressures. He knows all about them so...

Life's a beach! Grab the sun screen and let's play Frisbee!


3 comments:

Lori Mueller said...

I so agree with you Maggie. Life is too short and to sweet to worry about the little things. We need to enjoy the blessings that God has given us and quit complaining about them. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh how I need a MAGGIE HUG!!

Heather said...

Amen sister!