
Well I could make a list of what's fun but today I am thinking of one thing in particular.
Watching 'Tweenies. a 'tweenie is a young person between the ages of 10 and thirteen in case ya didn't know ;)
Yesterday I had the opportunity of watching about a hundred fifth graders interact with each other. LOUDLY! It was so loud in the shelter house of Sharon Woods Park that I had to ask one young lady THREE TIMES to repeat what she said. No wonder the teachers are hoarse and seem to have nervous tics.
ANYWAY....
It was fun to see them in their 'Tweenie stages. Kind of awkward and still babies but kind of grown up too. The girls giggled and the boys tried to see who was bravest in the Indian Burn that the teachers couldn't see contest. Each child had their own agenda and they try hard not to let the others see but all of the agenda's match in one way or the other. That agenda is to look cool and be popular even though you are scared out of your wits about the future in Middle School.
Jasmine is a hit. Everyone likes her and I think it is because of her zany personality. She is cute, a bit of a tomboy, and she says what she thinks. She doesn't let anyone push her around but she is a true-blue friend when it counts. She doesn't talk about accessible boys only the ones that are creepy on TV or the rock star or the pirate much but I know she is looking and she gets a delightful hue of pink to her cheeks when she is teased about a certain boy i won't mention his name that begins with Jerry and ends with Rubio that her mom and I think she should marry. of course that will all change next year, we are such Yenta's Her friends are cool to. They are all very excited about "graduating" and going to a new school.
I do want to say....Jasmine, you've done a great job at Devonshire and I am very proud of you. I know you will have a great time at Dominion and that you will learn a lot of fun and interesting stuff. I can hardly wait for the Middle School projects you will bring home! Anyway, congratulations Pixie. You're the best sixth grader on the planet!!
So, ya know what's fun now. Watching 'Tweenies. They're a hoot. Especially when they are full of cake, Mt. Dew, and ice cream!
Look out Dominion.....Here they come!
Watching 'Tweenies. a 'tweenie is a young person between the ages of 10 and thirteen in case ya didn't know ;)
Yesterday I had the opportunity of watching about a hundred fifth graders interact with each other. LOUDLY! It was so loud in the shelter house of Sharon Woods Park that I had to ask one young lady THREE TIMES to repeat what she said. No wonder the teachers are hoarse and seem to have nervous tics.
ANYWAY....
It was fun to see them in their 'Tweenie stages. Kind of awkward and still babies but kind of grown up too. The girls giggled and the boys tried to see who was bravest in the Indian Burn that the teachers couldn't see contest. Each child had their own agenda and they try hard not to let the others see but all of the agenda's match in one way or the other. That agenda is to look cool and be popular even though you are scared out of your wits about the future in Middle School.
Jasmine is a hit. Everyone likes her and I think it is because of her zany personality. She is cute, a bit of a tomboy, and she says what she thinks. She doesn't let anyone push her around but she is a true-blue friend when it counts. She doesn't talk about accessible boys only the ones that are creepy on TV or the rock star or the pirate much but I know she is looking and she gets a delightful hue of pink to her cheeks when she is teased about a certain boy i won't mention his name that begins with Jerry and ends with Rubio that her mom and I think she should marry. of course that will all change next year, we are such Yenta's Her friends are cool to. They are all very excited about "graduating" and going to a new school.
I do want to say....Jasmine, you've done a great job at Devonshire and I am very proud of you. I know you will have a great time at Dominion and that you will learn a lot of fun and interesting stuff. I can hardly wait for the Middle School projects you will bring home! Anyway, congratulations Pixie. You're the best sixth grader on the planet!!
So, ya know what's fun now. Watching 'Tweenies. They're a hoot. Especially when they are full of cake, Mt. Dew, and ice cream!
Look out Dominion.....Here they come!
2 comments:
That is a beautiful picture of Jasmine! She is just so cute and I can't believe she is going to the 6th grade!?!? :(
Great picture of Jasmine! Who was planning the party and what were they thinking!?! Sugar, sugar and more sugar - wow I am sure that was a hoot!
Post a Comment