Monday, June 4, 2007

Somebody's Gonna Pay

Just when you think you can't be shocked by life something jumps out at you like a crazed wolf in a blizzard. can you tell I'm practicing my descriptive writing?
I was talking with Alex the other day about school and some of the influences she encounters and I told her she should wear a little cross and maybe some of the more unsavory characters would leave her alone.
That's when the bomb dropped.
She said she wasn't allowed to wear a cross to school, that it was against the rules. It was against school policy. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE as Devon would say FREAKIN' KIDDING ME! I kind of had that same reaction when I heard that our kids weren't allowed to say the Pledge of Allegiance in school either.
It's all because of God. And not just any god but the Big G God who is the Creator of the universe and His Son the Saviour. They there's that they again, some day I'd like to meet them say they want separation of church and state and so our kids can't mention the name of Jesus or wear anything that would represent Him. My question is this.....why can the Muslim girls wear their scarves and stuff? Doesn't that show their faith? I mean seriously.....
I could go on and on about the injustice and lopsided views but I won't. I'm sure you all are on the same page.
There is one thing of which I am certain. Some day THEY are gonna pay. And they will pay dearly. I just hope somewhere, someone will speak of, wear a cross, or even pray to and about Jesus in front of them so they will learn the truth. Maybe then THEY will understand.

"Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these." Luke 18-16b NIV

2 comments:

Lori Mueller said...

I agree completely!!

Heather said...

I agree completely too! What is this world coming to?!?!?