Friday, June 8, 2007

Fountain of Youth

Okay, okay...the buzz today is all about Paris and how she got released from jail. I'm frustrated about that too but.....I feel sorry for her. Now I'm not going to spend my precious blog time entirely with Paris but I should explain why I feel sorry for her.

She is spoiled rotten and I don't think she has ever been told "NO" or that she couldn't have something. Anything for that matter. She has been molly coddled all her life and eventually she is going to have to face a time when she won't be able to flirt her way out of her punishment. Unless Paris falls on hard enough times to decide she need to change her life, she is lost. We need to pray for her. Now don't snort and think "no way, she's got it all" because she doesn't. She doesn't have eternal life. She won't wiggle out of that one.

Now.......back to my topic.

I have a wonderful daughter-in-law. She is beautiful, energetic (at times), funny, blond (at times), a great mommy, and a miracle worker. She can turn the nastiest hair and nails into something out of a glamour magazine. I went in to her new salon yesterday looking like an aging Frankenstein's bride and when she was finished and I saw myself in the mirror I said, "that's hot". no not really, i just had to use a Parisism just once. She did a fabulous job on my hair as usual. Thank you, thank you, thank you Lori! You're the best hair, nail, eyebrow technician/person/stylist on the planet!

But did you ever hang out at a beauty shop? I don't know what the new term is for them so we'll just go with that, kay? It is a small community where everyone who goes in there is on equal footing. Every person goes in looking their worst and comes out looking their best. Every head has been washed, colored, permed, curled, teased, trimmed, moussed, gelled, sprayed and conditioned within an inch of its life. All nails are filed, buffed, elongated, shortened, tipped, decuticalized and polished (often with about four or five coats of various polishes and lacquers) and feet don't miss out either.

While all of this is going on, there is a friendly and often hilarious chatter in the background if you can hear it amongst all of the blow dryers buzzing busily around wet heads. This chatter consists of gossip, favorite TV shows, clothing and shoes, kids, men and well, lots of stuff that women like to talk about. But mostly we are all in the "let's feel better about our selves" boat. At a beauty shop you can go in a blond and come out a red head. Or you could go in a brunette and come out a blond (yikes!) or you can go in with no nails and come out with long glamorous nails that can poke someones eye out and in all that transformation you can have an intense conversation about Paris!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maggie OH HOW I NEED A DAY THERE!!!!
(WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE)

Lori Mueller said...

I still have to get used to it, it's SOOOO busy there! :)