Friday, June 22, 2007

Help Me! Heeeeelllp Meeeeee!!!

"There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and lies between the pit of man's fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call......*

the Bubbie Zone.

I'm not sure how it started but I'm sure how it started. I love bargains.

Now I live in abject terror that I am going to be over run with the dreaded STUFF. I lay awake at night and listen to it plotting, planning behind my back on how it is going to take over my home and then........the WORLD! buahahahahahahaha.
It began with a visit or maybe two to the clearance isles of every store I would go into. The Clearance isles are the kingpin to the nasty underworld of To Much Junk and shopping carts their minions. I seem to be drugged, my cart taking over my mind as it pulls me forward to see what "bargains" are being offered this week. And I stand there, gaping and staring at the wonderful array of new Stuff; being pulled to touch, feel, smell. I don't even hunt what, me kill Bambi or Thumper? yet I take in all of the camo boots and hats and look at gun scopes and read the packages of the fly fishing equipment. Thankfully I have sense enough to pass by the sporting gear but then, there at the end of the isle.......Oh, NO.......it's, it's, SCRAP BOOKING STUFF......AAAAAhhhhhhhhhhh!
60, 70, 80, no 90% off!! I'm sucked down to the end of the row and start frantically looking through the torn packages of colored papers and stickers, sequins and tags, ribbons and tape, sticker making machines and i gasp anew and cover my mouth so my screams won't startle the other shoppers....EMBELLISHMENTS!! I am in a Stuff induced coma now, reaching for the 90% off goodies like a junkie in need of a major fix. I just can't seem to get enough and the shopping cart realizes that it will be rewarded greatly by the Clearance Isle Kingpin for bringing me to its lair.

It's funny how in the midst of all of this, I believe I am actually saving money and finding cool ways to make my thousands of pictures look even better; as they sit in their assigned boxes waiting for the adornment they will receive if I ever take the new embellishments out of their packages and ACTUALLY USE THEM!! But no. I don't want to waste them. They're too pretty. I MUST BREAK SPELL....CAN'T GO ON LIKE THIS.....IT'S A PLOY BY THE STUFF TO TAKE OVER MY HOUSE.......
My closets are filled with bargains. CURSE YOU 90% OFF!

I NEED AN INTERVENTION!!!

Anyway, I am coming to my senses slowly but surely. I am going to start getting rid of Stuff. I don't want to have the fifth dimension in my closets even if i did like their music. I don't want to yell to the children, "Run for your lives, I have to hang up this shirt!!"

So, maybe today is the day to start packing up some of that Stuff. I'll have to be really quiet. I don't want word to get out to the Clearance Isle Kingpin........

But first........I......MUST........go......shopping..................

*thank you Rod Serling from the Twilight Zone

5 comments:

Lori Mueller said...

I thought Liz already helped you once by going through all of your "stuff". Did you get more? ;)

Anonymous said...

OH Maggie, its an obsession!! I know exactly what youre feeling...the clearance isles call my name!!! Its pretty bad because before Zay was home I would "clearance shop"...meaning drive to several different stores and go only to the clearance!! I feel for you- but us addicts have to stick together!!
And I totally understand not wanting to open them....I have several boxes downstairs like that- Hmmmmm..is there a way we can make money on this somewhow?

Kim H. said...

E Bay add,
" great buy !!!!!!!!!!, never used beautiful embelishments for sale cheep. "

the thing is there are so many of you our there you would have no problem reselling it. Vaction spa here she comes.

Heather said...

Maggie ~ we are fall short there! Any scrapbooking stuff you want to get rid of, give me a call - you would think I own a scrapbooking studio here! And when I have the time and energy I actually use it!

Liz Ervin said...

I have been trying and trying, I don't know what else to do. I try to steer her away but.....