Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Can You Hear Me Now???

National Security.

I know who should head up the National Security Team.

Verizon Wireless.

I guess the first thing I should tell you is that cell phones don't swim. In fact, they sink faster than just about anything that has ever been thrown into my pool with the exception of small children. And no, contrary to popular belief this is where I look exasperatedly at my husband I did NOT throw my phone in the pool because I wanted a new one. I mean just because I ordered my new pink razor doesn't mean.......:)

I was putting the vacuum in the pool the pool vacuum, not my home one even though I need a new one of those too and my cell phone (clipped to my pocket) popped off and landed in the pool. "DANG" I said as I watched it sink to the bottom. I had just had a shower and was dressed to go out and couldn't jump in so I had to go get the skimmer and fish it out, so it was in there for a minute. I did dry it off and open it up and dry it out and it worked a little bit but then it died and I have been cell-less for a WEEK now. But I digress.
Back to the National Security thing.....

I went to Verizon in Easton, no small feat because it was well hidden, and went in to get my new phone. I still had to wait for about half hour for a sales clerk who told me that I was eligible for an upgrade with my new two-year contract and that I could get a Razor AND two upgraded phones for my other two lines. BUT he could save me $70 if I would go home and order on-line. I liked saving $70 after all there is the whole 90% thing so I went home and waited to order that evening. WELL a Verizon rep called me and told me that if I would go to one of HIS stores here in Columbus, I could get the same deal and more and so I waited to go to the Verizon store the next day.

When I got there the clerk i don't think he wanted to sell phones, know-what-i-mean? was a bit rude and after I explained all of the above to him simply said "we can't do that and it will cost an additional $39.99 per secondary phone upgrade." That meant that my $50 Razor plus two frees was now going to cost me $198.98 WHAT???? I told him I was NOT going to buy phones and left the store extremely p@#%$^! and went home to order on-line.

In order to order on line you need a user name and a password. Guess who forgot her password? Did you know that at least Verizon won't send your password via e-mail nor will they give it over the phone? They have to text it to your cell phone. BUT MY PHONE WENT SWIMMING AND IT DROWNED AND IT DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE SO NOW IT WON'T TALK TO ME!!! Our cells are blocked from texting i know i should get with it but...so I had to call Dave to turn his phone on so I could get the new texted password so I COULD ORDER SOME FREAKIN' PHONES.

Today I'm getting my new pink Razor and Dave and Ahna are getting cool picture phones and hopefully I'll be here to meet the FedEx man to sign for them and then I won't be experiencing phonus interruptus any more.

stoopid Verizon stores i do love their service though, stoopid passwords, stoopid sinkable kamikaze phone.

But if Verizon had the National Security thing I'll bet we would be safe. They don't give out information to just anyone, they confuse you when you want to buy something from the store maybe those stores are a front to help the on-line business. And when you finally DO order on-line you'd better remember that cursed password because they won't tell you...They have to text it to your phone. Hmmmmmm............idk.

3 comments:

Liz Ervin said...

LOL what an ordeal, just for a phone:)

Anonymous said...

OMG, LOL, IDK ABT U & UR PHN

HA!
Love you

Lori Mueller said...

hahahahahahahahahaha! that's crazy!