Okay, before you read this let me make a little disclaimer. This blog is about the war and my thoughts on it. This is not listed under "Fun" it's under "and other stuff". I had to get it off my chest so to speak.
I know many of you are sick of the war, are concerned about our troops, are angry at our President, and about to "burn your draft cards" and many famous people want to leave our country. (Too bad they didn't)
But lets look at this situation in comparison to the past...oh let's say...231 years. What would have happened if we didn't have a Revolutionary war? We would be drinking "High Tea" at 4:00 p.m. and speaking in an English accent. We would be under the Queen's rule and wouldn't be free. What if we didn't have a Civil War? We would still have slaves or even worse, BE slaves. There would be whippings and torture, those who tried to run away would be maimed with the front part of their foot chopped off so they couldn't run, and children could and would be sold away from their parents on a whim. Slavery wasn't only for the African people but for Chinese, Indians, and any other supposedly "lesser" human. And what about the war with Japan? Although I don't agree with the whole A-bomb thing, do you like sushi? THEY ATTACKED PEARL HARBOR! And I won't even go into the Hitler thing.
There have been wars since the beginning of time. Some of them fought for strange reasons and I don't agree with that but then there are some that are fought for the reason of pure FREEDOM!
Let me give you an example of how free we really are. The other day I was in Sam's Club waiting in the check out lane when I spotted a T-shirt on a Middle-Eastern guy. Let me tell ya, I was floored. It was a bright yellow shirt with a picture of President Bush with the caption "Off With His Head!" Now some of you may laugh but if we were to wear that type of shirt in, well, probably any other country, with a picture of their leader on it, we would be imprisoned, tortured, and probably beheaded ourselves for our lack of respect for their leader! I mean seriously...look at the riots caused by a simple cartoon a few months ago.
I know war is awful. Horrendous even. But I am so very thankful to the men and women who chose to fight for us. For our freedom. For what makes America...well...America.
President Bush doesn't want to leave the job half done nor should he. We have to remain strong to protect everything this country stands for.
Let's quit dissing the President and pray for him. As for our troops? By saying this war is wrong and should stop isn't supporting them. It's telling them their efforts and sacrifices aren't worth it.
(this article is an editorial and isn't necessarily the views or opinions of this station) :)
2 comments:
Well put:)
Love you
AMEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment