I had a blast this weekend! Dave and I invited a few friends over, you know, the old standards...Aerosmith; Van Halen; Led Zepplin; Rush; Janis (Joplin 'case you didn't know) Jimi Hendrix; Mick and the rest of the RS's; the Eagles; Pink Floyd and the Who, just to name a few. They stayed all weekend.
Actually it was like stepping into a time machine and being taken back thirty years and we (Dave and I) were dating again. All this thanks to QFM96 (WE ROCK COLUMBUS that was their slogan back in the day) and their Memorial 500 count down. Dave and I didn't even turn on our television all weekend for more than a half hour or so just so we could be outside doing yard stuff and rockin' out. I'm sure the neighbors thought we had lost our senses but we didn't care. We were teenagers again.
We wondered what the best rock song ever was going to be and I guessed correctly! (it had to be 'cause it's my favorite too and i listen to it cranked up.....the radio, not me) I'm sure my son could tell you what song it is but since you probably won't be talking to him soon, I'll tell you. drum roll please........ The number one best rock song ever of the 2007 Memorial 500 count down is......Led Zepplin's Stairway to Heaven! TA DA!
Anyway, we rocked and rolled ;) and became kids again. Just the two of us and the dog.
It was great!
Until I set the grill on fire.....
But that's another story.
Later!
1 comment:
Sounds like you guy's had a blast. I didn't hear your raido though, so not all the neighbors were wondering about it. If I had heard it I might have come over to make sure you guy's were ok:)
Post a Comment