Friday, August 29, 2008

Random...

The kids have started saying a one word sentence that I think describes my life. Actually, when I think about it, it pretty much sums up all of our lives. Some of us are more structured than others but for the most part we are...random.

Random thinking is where you can sit and think for thirty minutes and a hundred things come to mind. Kind of like watching Sesame Street. Now I know that many of you haven't watched Sesame Street for quite some time, but you remember the fast paced, color filled, sound enhanced blur of lessons that were packed into one hour. Ernie was always outsmarting Burt (or is that Bert) and Big Bird's friend Mr. Snuffalupagus was a huge as an elephant but was never seen by anyone other than Big Bird. Kind of makes you wonder what kind of drugs ol' Bird was takin'. But life is kind of like that.

Summer especially.

Anyone have a truly quiet, peaceful time this summer? Any down time? I didn't think so. It seems like we rush here or rush there or have invitation to rush here and rush there. Even staying home with the kids is a frantic pace. You just get things cleaned up from lunch and they start yelling for a snack. "We're hungry!!" they say and you haven't even felt your butt on your chair before they are wanting something else. Then the flowers need watered and the dogs need fed and the next thing you know it's time for dinner and you start the whole process again. By the time you are ready to hit the sack...I wonder why they say "hit the sack"?...you are dead tired and hope to sleep soundly until the dogs wake you up in the middle of the night barking insanely at something...or someone...in the back yards.

Random...

We tease my dog, Precious, (who is blond by the way...and I'm not making fun of blonds so don't write me nasty notes about blond abuse because I'm very fond of blonds...we have several in our family...so this ain't about that) who will be playing with 'Skeeter or just running around the yard and will literally trip over her own feet when a butterfly flitters by. The old "Oh look! A butterfly!" trick. Talk about ADD!

Anyway...I wonder why people spit. Is it 'cause they have a horrible taste in their mouth and are afraid to swallow it? Is it 'cause they have just eaten and their stomachs are too full to handle one more swallow of anything? Is it 'cause they want to share their DNA with everyone in the world? Is it 'cause they think it looks cool? Yuck.

Do you wonder where people are going when an airplane flies over head? What does woof woof arf woof bark mean? Does a cat like licking itself? Does an amoeba ever want to stay within the lines?

I think I would like to have one of those miniature focusizers. A real one. I could keep him in my pocket and have him tell me all about appointments and stuff I needed to do and...do they really come in four different colors? Why are kids the only ones who get to have one...oh wait, I did see where there was a grown-up who had one in his office. I think I would like a pink one...

I need the Dog Whisperer to visit my house before I go stark raving mad. Or as Sharon Osborne would say...barking mad.

Speaking of busy summers...did anyone get to the exhibit at the Franklin Park Conservatory? I've always wanted to go. Never have been there. It's a pity too. I've always wanted to say...

Ever think about this? Devon says he loves the sound a pair of scissors...(I wonder why they call it a pair?) makes when it (they?) slice into a brand new sheet of construction paper. And did you know that Sasquatches (maybe that should be Sasquatchi for the plural) can run really fast, even when they carry their young on their backs?

Oh well...I guess I've used up my randomness for the moment. It's pretty bad when a person resorts to Sasquatches. They are one of my favorite myths though. I wonder who thought up the word Myth...probably the same guy that thought up mythology. Hmmm....Myths...Myth Busters...What if they took their name to a higher plain and called themselves the Mythology Terminators...they could shorten it again and call themselves the "Mythinators". They couldn't use the "Terminology's" 'cause they would have to be constantly using terminology to explain their name!

Meanwhile...

oh look, a butterfly!

2 comments:

Liz Ervin said...

very random...but true. love you

S said...

I hate spit too, and I am also random, you make me laugh, Maggie!