
God works in mysterious ways. Sometimes, when a miracle happens we don't see it at first. We have to think about it, digest it and then BAM! it hits us right between the eyes.
I have had such a miracle happen to me.
Now many of you may think, after reading this story, that this isn't a miracle...but it is. Miracles can come in small packages or in large earth shattering ones. Mine is small but a miracle nonetheless.
It all started in January. I have a small dog (he weighs ten pounds), a Silkie terrier, named 'Skeeter. He is three and a half years old and he was acting like he was ninety. He would mope around the house and lay in his favorite spot on the back of the couch looking out the window in a deep blue funk. I was concerned. I knew he needed more exercise but I was not able to play with him CONSTANTLY. So, I decided he needed a little sister.
I began looking for puppies on the Internet...going to various rescue sites and petfinders.com and even had my computer crash when I went to the nasty site of freeyorkiepuppies.com (believe me...don't go there). We went to pet stores, the animal shelter, and looked on Craig's List. The search was difficult because I was being very specific about who I wanted. This new member to my family had to be a little girl, who would not be bigger than ten or so pounds at adulthood and she needed to be a Yorkie, Westie or Silkie terrier. Although there were several bites (excuse the pun) there was no one I was even interested in...until I saw her.
I walked into Jack's Aquarium and Pets one day with some of my grandchildren and there she was...in a Plexiglas pen...with some other puppies. I picked her up and she sort of molded her little body to mine. She was so still and she looked up at me with those big black eyes and I melted. I said to her..."You are so...Precious!"
There was a problem or two though. She was not a Yorkie, Westie, or a Silkie...she was a Schnoodle. Not that that mattered much because I was in love but she was six hundred dollars! That mattered. Also, I was told that she would grow to be about thirty pounds....also a BIG problem. I put her back in her pen and sadly left the store practically dragging three kids with me. (they wanted to play with the pets)
I went to visit Precious every week or so until one day...she wasn't there. She'd been sold. I was sad but I knew she was too expensive for me and she was too big for 'Skeeter and....she had a good home, right? I continued to search and search for the right puppy as I continued to think about Precious.
For some strange reason though I continued to be compelled to return to Jack's to "look at puppies". There were several there but none like Precious. Then one day several weeks later, I had this overwhelming urge to go to Jack's and I did. When I walked in...there in the Plexiglas pen...was a little dog (the only dog) sleeping on her side. I walked up to her and petted her thin little body and when she looked at me I almost burst into tears. It was my Precious! I picked her up and wondered when was the last time she ate...she was so thin. The sales clerk came over to me and I explained my story to her. She said that Precious had been bought and returned....twice! Twice!!! I told the young lady my dilemma about the price and size and she said that her price had dropped (into my price range!) and that her parents were MINIATURE Schnauzer and Poodle and that she would only get to be about fifteen pounds tops. Without hesitating I said..."I'll take her". When I asked Precious (whom I was holding and wasn't about to put down) if she wanted to go home I was blessed with the best kisses you would ever imagine. She knew she was mine, she had just been waiting for me and I knew she was mine because all of the obstacles had been removed. This little dog that had such a hard life in all of her three months was finally going to a forever home with me to be subjected to much love and spoiling.
'Skeeter moped.
I was so worried that I had done the wrong thing by him that it literally made me sick for a week. I had already bonded with Precious but he hadn't. I wanted to love her and play with her but I had to wait and only pet her when he wasn't looking. But I needn't have worried. They have been together for thirteen days and are now the best of friends. They play and they run and they bark and it is loud at times but it is so much fun to watch them. 'Skeeter is no longer moping, walks are a challenge but we'll get the hang of it...and I have a new baby in the house so there are extra duties to perform and some "fattening" to do (she has already gained about a pound and a half). But I love it. I love the fact that God knew my heart and my desires and granted me this adorable little girl. He saved her for me. Oh sure, someone purchased her...two different someones...but they brought her back because God was saving her for me. I am so blessed that He spoke to me about returning to Jack's over and over again and I'm happy I listened. Because in listening, I received a small Precious miracle.
2 comments:
What an adorable miracle!
I CANT BELEIVE YOU GOT ANOTHER DOG!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment