Okay, it occurred to me...actually my wonderful husband brought it to my attention...that many of you outside my little clan are probably wondering what the heck my last story was about. Sorry. I think I just had it in my head and wanted to get it down without any prologue for you.
This story is about crickets. Crickets who are purchased to feed lizards. Feeder Crickets you might call them.
My grandson Devon has pet lizards. They are like gecko's I guess. There are cute in their lizardness and they eat a LOT of crickets. Liz goes to the pet store (and I do too sometimes) and purchases three dozen crickets. The sales person usually has three dozen already packaged (do all lizards eat three dozen crickets a week?) but on occasion has to count them out and package them on the spot. I wonder, do they count the cricket's legs and divide by six?
At an rate, the crickets then, once they are home, have to have a coating of lizard vitamins...hence the white powder on their little bodies, and then they are unceremoniously dumped into the lizard tank where they wait to be....well...eaten.
One morning Devon woke up and one of his lizards was floating in its water bowl and to help him recover from the loss...we started talking about a Cricket Hit. This is where the story came from. Now you can go back and read it again if you like and it will make more sense...I hope.
Also, Dave wrote about procrastination...I totally get it. I really got a good laugh at his list. I truly relate...
No comments:
Post a Comment