I have a lot going through my head these days. I don't know quite where to start but my brain feels like a sponge that needs to be squeezed real hard. I don't know what will come spilling out but hold on to your hats because here I go.....
I went bowling for a year the other day. A local bowling alley had a special deal where kids age four to seventeen bowled free. Three games...and all other bowling was a dollar a game. Food was a dollar and the music was fun too. So Dave the Younger, Lori and five of the grand kids went to bowl a few games. It seemed like a fun thing to do...it was a cloudy day out and I don't think anyone was interested in swimming. It turned out even better when the storms started.
Anyway...here we are, three adults and five kids at the bowling alley. The kids had the bumpers so they had to knock pins down and we had all five of them on one alley. Thank goodness we were on the alley at the far end, more privacy there, and us big kids had the lane right next to them.
They chose their bowling balls and Dave the Younger entered them in to the computer well, not THEM personally but their names and the fun began. Mikeala decided to immediately become paralyzingly shy and refused to throw her ball. This was a problem because she was first to bowl! I finally rolled it for her and eventually she warmed up to the game and threw her own. I hope she grows out of that shyness because she has so much to offer! Anyway, each child had a different tactic to how to throw the ball and the were doing pretty well.......but is was sooooo slooooowwww.
Will would throw his ball and we would wait and wait and wait and wait for it to hit the pins and practically stop but he would get them down and hurry to get the next one rolling.
It happened that way with each one of the younger ones and then Jasmine and Devon rocketed their ball as is bounced off of the bumpers sever times on the way down. I told Dave the Younger that they had invented "Pinball Bowling"!
The alley had music playing...loudly but not annoyingly loud. It was current pop music and even some of the older stuff but it was sung by Alvin and the Chipmunks or the Wiggles or thank God Barney didn't offer a tune some cartoon character. There was a song from a Sponge Bob episode that I enjoyed very much and several from High School Musical. i really need to see that movie and now the sequel And the kids just couldn't help but dance. They sang and danced and bowled and ate pizza and had root beer and well we had a blast!! It was a great day. Even though it took four hours to bowl three games. Kind of turtley don't you think?
It's all Dave the Younger's fault!!!!....
Okay, I would have finished this up yesterday but I like to read my "Blogging Family News" first. I started with Dave's. He had a title and exactly two sentences....with a link....thanks a lot!!!
Okay, here is the number one rule....never send a mind teaser game with graphics and challenges to an obsessive compulsively handicapped person with not much time on her hands....
The Impossible Quiz is not impossible although it is a challenge....I'm at question number 74 or 75 and am really enjoying it even if it is draining the life out of me and making me not want to do anything else until it is finished!!! UGH...
I will finish it though. I've learned the secrets....if I don't learn them...I know where to find them...but if YOU want to know them it'll cost you :) Truthfully I've only "cheated" once because I love my computer and I love my husband even lots more than that and I wouldn't want to loose either one of them because I went to the shed and got the hatchet and came in here and smashed the smithereens out of my precious window to the world of insanity.......
Maybe I can get the kids involved and use it as a teaching reference...that would make my time playing it educational and we always have time for education, right?
In the meantime...I'll go back to blowing up bombs...petting kittys...picking carrots and wondering what the heck they meant by that answer.....
Try the Impossible Quiz yourself but here is my disclaimer...you didn't hear about The Impossible Quiz from me...I don't want to be responsible for dirty houses, hungry husbands and weeds in the flower beds. Nor do I want to be responsible for the horrible demise of helpless computers either.
Oh, and if you don't hear from me in the next couple of days....come pry my cold dead hands off my mouse and help me call it a day...
3 comments:
Ok now I am realy curious, but since .I must shower and do
laundry and go to the
link no no no, the grocery. I will not even read Daves blog today.
Oh and about Mckayla ( sory if I spelled it wrong) read my blog about my " paralyzingly shy" childs' first day of school this year. She will come out of it.
Wish I was there
Do you want some of my meds? LOL love ya
Post a Comment